OPEN - Senior Systems Engineer
Education: Master's Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 4 years of additional relevant work experience
- Meets the minimum labor category experience requirements and the functional descriptions for the labor category as identified in Appendix A.
Summary: Provide systems sustainment engineering support for PMW 750/760 resulting in the successful accomplishment of mission requirements. The candidate will be required to provide staff at the TS/SCI level or Secret level, depending on the operational environment. Provide systems sustainment engineering support for technical support activities. The candidate will be required to provide staff at the TS/SCI level or Secret level, depending on the operational environment.
- Prepare advanced C4I concepts for fielded systems.
- Conduct technical tradeoffs and assessments for C4I solutions in accordance with the C4I Technical Vision for ship platforms.
- Provide systems engineering inputs to support cost estimation efforts for C4I solutions.
- Ensure C4I solutions are aligned with the PEO C4I Build Plans.
- Ensure C4I solutions are scalable to support multiple new construction and back-fit platforms.
- Support common implementation concepts of new Naval and Joint Systems related to current and future platforms.
- Define the C4I capability provided by the new systems in terms of C4I metrics (e.g. throughput).
- Define the integration and control functions as new C4I products are developed and aligned toward a C4I common core capability.
- Conduct technical assessments of new systems to support C4I integration efforts and insertion into the PEO C4I Build Plans.
- Provide comments, questions, and recommendations related to systems engineering tools and techniques.
- Provide comments, questions, and recommendations related to production engineering integration and testing.
- Coordinate with various programs to integrate fielded programs into United States Navy (USN) hardware and software environments.
- Review and provide comments, questions, and recommendations to support Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW), Anti-Surface Warfare (ASUW), Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), and other Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance (MPR) mission areas.
- Review systems to ensure consistency with Joint and Navy doctrine.
- Provide support to conduct resource planning and execution, system support, and support interface requirements such as reviewing technical and management support objectives.
- Validate and consolidate data.
- Perform performance/cost trade-off analyses to identify optimum solutions to maintain current and planned systems.
- Document and maintain the current functional decomposition and analysis of the Tactical Operations Centers (TOC) and Mobile TOC (MTOC) systems and sub-systems warfighter capabilities.
- Allocate, prioritize, and assign capabilities to candidate systems.
- Examine and identify capability deficiencies and redundancies in current and planned, sub- systems and modules.
- Perform and document overlap analyses. Map required P-8A, EP-3, Electronic Private Exchange (EPX), and Triton functionality to the existing TacMobile Roadmap and the overall TacMobile CONOPS.
- Support POR (e.g. TacMobile) development.
- Perform and document gap analyses to identify shortfalls in the Roadmap and CONOPS compared to the required aircraft functionality.
- Review candidate solutions for technology readiness, contribution to accomplishing the overall mission, and availability during the projected future timeframe.
- Prepare migrations from legacy platform-centric systems to capabilities-based, net-centric systems.
- Provide technical support to prepare for and during shipboard C4I SOTs. Examples of support functions include the following:
Collect issues found during the SOT.
Track issues to resolution.
Identify the root cause of each issue in time to prevent it from happening on the next ship to be modernized; and ensure incorporation into SOVTs, Technical Manuals, or SOT Test Plans.
- Provide support for C4I COP and ICAG:
Collect shipboard C4I configurable settings (unclassified and classified).
Coordinate with various stakeholders such as the Program Office, ISEA SMEs, and Technical Warrant Holder to obtain inputs such as system drawings, interface configurations, Technical Manuals, ULSS, and Hosted Application and Connected Systems Implementation Manuals (HACSIMs) that will be incorporated in CBDs.
Ensure CBD data is approved by Technical Authority.
- Provide technical support for the design, integration, test, and operation/installation documentation of shipboard networked video distribution and display systems.
- Conduct Help Desk analyses for SCI systems (TacMobile Inc. 3).
Titanium Cobra Solutions is an organization that has a long history of GETTING THE JOB DONE; on-time, on-budget, and within the highest standards of quality. Our staff has a passion to truly make a difference for our client community by tactfully challenging the status quo, while delivering effective solutions that create business value for our customers. Our solution-focused team is a collection of technical, project, and process-oriented professionals who collectively make the impossible, possible. If you are up to the challenge of an always evolving agile organization with ideals that value their personnel’s value – Come join our team.
For more exciting career opportunities please contact: email@example.com
EOE STATEMENT - We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.